Sunday, January 18, 2009

This Calls for a Sigh

Phew! Wow! Exhaustion... that's what I'm feeling constantly these days, and I really have no good excuse whatsoever! So many people do so much more than I do in a day. I spent a whole week being and miserable and sick about a week ago. I hate being sick, and it was not pleasant! It really took a toll on my body, though. I've been coming home exhausted every day.

Still, even exhaustion cannot put a stunt to my reading! If I wrote a review on every book I've read in the past two weeks, this post would be WAY too long, so I'll just say that I've been enjoying my Joan Bauer books, Peeled, Sticks, and Stand Tall. They are all superb, and I suggest them to everyone! After Peeled, Stand Tall was definitely my favorite.

Interesting fact: Did you know that if you were to read all the books that came out only in the US in a week, you'd have to read over 27,00 books a day! How depressing is that for someone like me that wants to read it ALL! Haha... that fact is curtesy of Cha Cha... my favorite research outlet.

As long as we're being somewhat random, here's possibly one of my new favorite quotes:

"Writers aren't really people.
They're lots of people.
Trying to be on person."

Haha! How accurate is that? It almost is as good as "Writers were meant to be eccentric. If they weren't, they'd have a hard time writing."

Which reminds me, I've had a new epiphany of an idea to write about, and it's still underway. I'm absolutely in love with the character and story; although it's not nearly as quorky as most of my other work. Still, it's nice to have something new to work on once again.

Well, in celebration of randomness, I wanted to post a few pictures that my sister Lib and I took after Christmas. She's the model in the green. I'm in the red:






Then, Lib took a picture of the amazing snow storm we had Christmas night:



And Lib did my hair for the Tristake dance. Below are the pictures (front and back) of the awesome finished product:

Back:

Front:

If you've made it this far, I've thought to mention a very interesting discussion I've been following on the importance of all books... not just chapter books. It made me feel better about my obsession and love for children's picture books and graphic novels. All are important, and we shouldn't be ashamed to read books with pictures no matter how old we are! If you're interested, click here to go to Shannons' blog and read her posts on it.

Happy Readings!

No comments: