Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Summertime

An email I just sent to a friend:

Randomness. Yeah, I'm in that kind of mood. Can I just say that I absolutely love summer? I love seeing Kydee helping my mumsy outside... I love the smell of freshly tilled dirt. I love eating family dinner at our dining room table every night. I love leaving my window open and having my mum chew me out. :P I love smelling the promise of light-hearted days in the breeze, and I love swatting and worrying over bugs that are molesting my skin. I love it still being light at eight. I love wearing flip-flops and laughing over the scars on my feet and knees caused by my own stupidity. I love sitting in my room, bumping a ball to Libby and accidentally knocking pictures of walls. I love the stories whirling about in my head begging to be written, but I have a bit of time before I dive in head first to my mind and brave the different personalities there. I love the fact that we only have 7 days of school left, and I love starting all over in piano to try to master some true jazz music. I love cranking up the Bose and listening to some awesome tunage. I love feeling full to a point of sickness almost and knowing that my hair is a mess and my makeup is smeared and that right now I have a stupid grin on my face because I'm pitying you having to read this message. I love you friend! :D

My poor, patient friend, right? Haha... but that's honestly how I've been feeling. School is wrapping up, and it's leaving me with this lovely sense of serenity and a burning desire to do some much-needed writing. Maybe only writers can relate to this (so please don't have the police send me off to an asylum), but having nine or ten very potent personalities in your head always giving their comments on the situation you're on can be VERY distracting. It got better for a while, but now they're back with a vengeance.

Right now, my "voices" are named Creedy, Sevrin, Fillin, and every once in a while Viola or Vallyn pipe it. I can't wait to just write what they're saying down and get them off my back for a bit.

Then I have Roni who I left in much distress over her sister Tori who happens to be giving me more leads to her mystery.

And most of the personalities haven't told me their names yet or their stories. There's some girl who has an Irish wolf hound and is making new friends in a small town, but that's all I know.

Then characters from the crazy-fast reading I've been doing lately are adding, too. I find myself daydreaming about a Mary Stewart-like hero appearing out of nowhere when I twist my ankle (Mary Stewart ROCKS my SOCKS!). I just finished the LAST (BOO HOO) Percy Jackson, and I'm now hoping that I'll stop anticipating how his story will end, but you never know. I often can imagine his comments throughout my day, too. And behind all the Mary Stewart mystery, Percy Jackson explosions, Neil Gaiman weirdness (I keep seeing ghosts in my mind, but it makes me more excited than scared!), there's the whisper of the sea on the coast of Cuba from a book I won off of Goodreads and haven't quite gotten into yet.

And it's a good thing no one reads this blog, because otherwise I would never be able to muse freely like this. Happy summertime! ;)

1 comment:

Mantha said...

I'm pretty sure that your hearing voices in your head is not the main reason we would send you to an asylum... just kidding... I would be the first join you, so I can't talk much... :D